I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Daily Bread 3-21-19
March 21, 2019
19. I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20. For when ye were servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness
21. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now shamed? for the end of those things is death.
22. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
ref. - Ro 5:12 - Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Jn 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Today, we are being urged to purify our hearts souls and, even so, our members. Just as the Apostle Paul vehemently urged and reasoned with the Romans, the word of God is speaking clearly to us today. Why do we return to the things that we have left behind? Why does our holiness end up back in sin? What did we ever benefit from that sin in our lives? Let's look back into our lives and ask ourselves, "What did I ever profit from sin in my life?" We are no longer the old man, we are new creatures in Christ Jesus and there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that God took away from us that will help us in furthering ourselves to eternal life. After we were exposed to goodness, mercy, and righteousness in Jesus Christ, we were then made aware that sin did not benefit us. We were once bound to sin but we have been set free. We have been washed in the blood of the lamb and now it is time to look for an eternal reward rather than the temporary rewards that the world offers through sin. The truth of the matter is that we will receive a reward someday for our lives and how we finished them. But for some it will not be the one that includes everlasting life in glory. The reward for sin, is death. But death is not what God had in mind when he created even one of us. Why would he allow his Son to suffer and die for if he didn't have a plan for us? So, today, rather than saying that we know of him, and that we have learned the gospel, and the we "know" what righteousness is, let us be in him and him in us. Let us allow God to make this gospel a part of us rather than just something that we know. And let him have control of our hearts, minds, and souls in a way that also will control our actions and lives as we go about them on this earth. Let his righteousness become righteousness in us. After all, he died so that we could be given the opportunity to believe in him and receive eternal life! Eternity..........think about it. Have a great day!!!